Cancer is both a physical and emotional fight, which is why Thompson offers free counseling services to patients during treatment.
What does our counseling program offer?
- Learn new ways to cope with your cancer diagnosis and treatment
- Manage emotions such as anxiety, sadness, and depression
- Gain expertise on how to talk with family and friends about cancer
Who is eligible?
- All Thompson cancer patients with a cancer diagnosis may participate in this free service.
How does the program work?
- You and your counselor will work together to assess your emotional needs and set goals. Meetings typically occur once per week in one hour sessions.
- TCSC counseling is considered a short-term service, but referrals can be made to outside providers if you feel you need additional counseling.
How do I get started?
- Ask for a referral from your doctor or nurse practitioner.
- Once a referral is made, the counseling office will contact you to set up an initial appointment and determine a location for each counseling session.
Who is my counselor?
- Jessica Antal is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and counselor with more than 14 years of experience.
- She earned both her Bachelor of Science and her Master of Science in Social Work from the University of Tennessee.