Research shows that physical therapy during and after cancer treatment can speed up functional recovery, reduce pain and fatigue, and decrease the risk for other complications. And, it also helps patients and caregivers regain a sense of hope and independence.
At Thompson Cancer Survival Center, we partner with Covenant Health Therapy Centers to provide convenient access to physical therapists specially trained in Oncology Therapy Services. Together, we educate, support, and empower cancer patients to achieve optimal function and quality of life from the point of diagnosis, during treatment, and throughout recovery.
Covenant Health Therapy Centers are nationally recognized for excellence in clinical outcomes and patient satisfaction.
- Build endurance and strength
- Reduce fatigue
- Reduce pain and nausea
- Increase flexibility and range of motion
- Improve balance to reduce falls and assist with walking
- Assistance with disability ratings
- Assistive device training
- Reduce anxiety and increase well-being
- Improve scar mobility
- Lymphedema and complex decongestive therapy
- Occupational therapy for adaptive equipment and ADL management
- Driving evaluations
- Speech therapy for cognition, swallowing, and/or communication disorders
- Disability evaluations
- Cardiopulmonary rehabilitation
- Bowel and bladder retraining for both men and women
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy
To learn more about Covenant Health Therapy Centers or find a location near you, click here.