A diagnosis of cancer can feel overwhelming. That’s why the Thompson Cancer Network offers our patients a personal patient navigator to walk with you every step of the way.
What is a patient navigator?
From initial diagnosis and throughout treatment, your patient navigator is specially trained in cancer care and will guide you with education, help with medical team communication, and ensure you understand your tests and procedures. Your navigator will also help you manage side effects of treatment and offer support and encouragement along the way.
Your patient navigator can:
- Help you understand your diagnosis and treatment options
- Provide education so that you can make informed choices
- Coordinate care with your medical team to relieve the emotional burden that often comes with a cancer diagnosis
- Enhance your communication with your physicians and other care providers
- Ensure your questions and concerns are successfully answered
- Advocate for you and stand by you through your cancer journey
Meet your patient navigators: