Since 1984, The Fellowship Center has provided free lodging for families coping with serious illnesses. Through the generosity of the Lucille S. Thompson Family Foundation, The Fellowship Center expanded in 1992 to eighteen furnished apartments, a community family room, and laundry facilities.
Who may use The Fellowship Center?
Thompson Cancer Survival Center patients and their families who live more than 30 miles from Knoxville have priority use of Fellowship Center apartments. As space permits, we welcome outpatients from Patricia Neal Rehabilitation Center and referrals from area health care facilities.
- 18 furnished, one-bedroom apartments located at 1800 and 1815 Laurel Avenue, Knoxville, TN 37916
- Twin beds, sofa sleeper, furnished kitchen, microwave, cable TV, telephone and fresh linens
- Community family room, stocked pantry, and laundry facility
- The Fort Sanders Auxiliary provides a station wagon to transport outpatients to the Thompson Cancer Survival Center for treatment and weekday lunches for all guests
- The staff is on call 24 hours a day
How do I request lodging?
Lodging requests may be made through hospital Social Services or by calling (865) 331–1725.
How can I help?
The Fellowship Center is sustained through the Fort Sanders Foundation, Covenant Health, and the generosity of our guests and friends. You can support our efforts through your donation of money, items, furnishings, time, and talent.
Online Donation Option Coming Soon!
Please call 865-531-5210 to make a donation by phone.
Or mail your contribution to: Fort Sanders Foundation, 280 Fort Sanders West Blvd., Suite 202, Knoxville, TN 37922. If you have any questions about your cash donation, please call the Foundation at (865) 531-5210.
You may also donate items for community areas and apartments. Our current wish list includes:
- Storage bags (quart & gallon size)
- Heavy duty aluminum foil
- Dishwasher detergent
- Carry-out food containers (meal and dessert size)
- Wall clocks
- AA/AAA batteries
- Dish cloths and towels
- Hair dryers
- Frying pans (8 inch and 10 inch)
- Table lamps and shades
- First aid kits
- Facial tissues
- Soft toilet tissue
- Liquid dish soap
- Liquid antibacterial hand soap
- Light bulbs (60 watt and 3-way)
- Fabric softener sheets
- Laundry detergent
- Liquid fabric softener
- Large trash bags (four gallon)
- Antibacterial all-purpose cleaner
- Toilet bowl cleaner
- Microwave popcorn
- Snack cakes and crackers
- Canned soups
- Boxed meals
- Canned meat (tuna and chicken)
- Hot chocolate
- Tea bags
Please drop off donated items at The Fellowship Center, 1800 Laurel Avenue, Apartment #7.
Thank you for your support!