What to expect at your PET Scan appointment:
- Please, arrive at your appointment at the requested time and complete your check-in paperwork.
- A PET team member will take you to a private room to administer the PET tracer (the substance used in the scan) through your IV.
- You will wait in a private room with a recliner for 1 hour to allow the tracer to circulate through your system.
- A PET Technologist will take you to the imaging room where you will lay on your back on the PET scan table with your arms above your head. We will place a pillow under your knees for comfort. The scan takes 12 – 24 minutes. We will be able to see and hear you at all times.
- After your scan is complete, you are finished and can go about your day normally.
- We recommend bringing a snack and drink to have after your scan is finished.
Low Carb Diet Suggestions
Foods to AVOID:
Foods to Enjoy:
Low Carb Snack Ideas:
• 3 celery sticks + 1 tablespoon peanut butter
• 5 cherry tomatoes + 1 tablespoon ranch dressing
• 1 cup cucumber slices + 1 tablespoon ranch dressing
• 1 cup salad greens + 1/2 cup diced cucumber + drizzle of vinegar and oil
• 1 hard-boiled egg
• 5 baby carrots
• 1 string cheese stick
• 3/4 cup light popcorn
• 10 goldfish crackers
• 1 cup sugar-free gelatin
• 1 frozen sugar-free popsicle
Thompson PET Imaging Centers
a department of Fort Sanders Regional
1915 White Avenue
Knoxville, TN 37916
a department of Parkwest Medical Center
9711 Sherrill Boulevard
Knoxville, TN 37932
a department of LeConte Medical Center
710 Middle Creek Road
Sevierville, TN 37862